Java R&D Software Developer
- Education: Master degree in Software Engineering
- Experience: 4 years (preferred)
- Location: Nantes (France) or Boston
- English mandatory, French is highly appreciated
MicroEJ is a software vendor providing a unique solution for building an embedded platform, designing smart applications, and deploying them anywhere on any MCUs (such as ARM Cortex-M core) starting at $1. Our flagship product, MicroEJ VEE, is seen as an Android™ like platform for embedded devices. More than 30 million products already embed MicroEJ (smartwatches, home appliances, industrial products, power management, healthcare, etc.). We are now a 45-people team motivated by the passion of innovation and strong team spirit.
To further support the growth of the company, MicroEJ is seeking to strengthen its developers team on its flagships products: MicroEJ Studio & SDK.
Your mission and activities
As part of our R&D team, you will actively participate to our software workshops to design and integrate Java Bricks for the MicroEJ platform as well as contributing to open-source projects (Eclipse, Apache). You will be in regular contact with our multinational clients and our prestigious international partners.
Find out what our engineers have already published: https://developer.microej.com/
- Expert in Java, OOP and software architecture
- Good knowledge of SOLID code
- Experience in Graphical User Interface (GUI) such as Android, Swing, SWT or JavaFX
- Experience in multi-app frameworks (Android or OSGi)
- Experience in Agile software development, TDD, continuous integration (Git, Ivy, Maven, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of performance optimization, algorithm and compilation
- Experience in C/C++ on microcontrollers will be much appreciated
- Embedded electronic systems
- Network and Security (HTTP, REST, SSL, DTLS…)
- IoT protocols such as MQTT, COAP, AMQP
- Application Store
- Communication (Bluetooth, Zwave, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, 4G …)
- Eclipse Plugin
- Java Virtual Machine