Java R&D Software Developer
- Education: Master degree in Software Engineering
- Experience: 4 years (preferred)
- Location: Nantes (France) or Boston
- English mandatory, French is highly appreciated
MicroEJ is a software vendor providing solutions for building embedded and IoT devices. After ten years and two fundraises, our flagship product MICROEJ VEE is seen as the tiny sibling software container of Android™ for edge devices. More than 200 million licenses are already sold to customers such as Fossil (smartwatches), Groupe SEB (home appliances), Zebra (printers), Landis+Gyr (smart-meters), Stago (medical devices), etc.
Based in Nantes (France) and Boston MA (USA), our team of 70 people is driven by innovation and is focused on solving IoT challenges.
To further support the growth of the company, MicroEJ is seeking to strengthen its developers team on its flagships products: MicroEJ Studio & SDK.
Your mission and activities
As part of our R&D team, you will actively participate to our software workshops to design and integrate Java Bricks for the MicroEJ platform as well as contributing to open-source projects (Eclipse, Apache). You will be in regular contact with our multinational clients and our prestigious international partners.
Find out what our engineers have already published: https://developer.microej.com/
- Expert in Java, OOP and software architecture
- Good knowledge of SOLID code
- Experience in Graphical User Interface (GUI) such as Android, Swing, SWT or JavaFX
- Experience in multi-app frameworks (Android or OSGi)
- Experience in Agile software development, TDD, continuous integration (Git, Ivy, Maven, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of performance optimization, algorithm and compilation
- Experience in C/C++ on microcontrollers will be much appreciated
- Embedded electronic systems
- Network and Security (HTTP, REST, SSL, DTLS…)
- IoT protocols such as MQTT, COAP, AMQP
- Application Store
- Communication (Bluetooth, Zwave, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, 4G …)
- Eclipse Plugin
- Java Virtual Machine