Java Software Engineer
- Education: Master degree in Software Engineering
- Experience: 4 years minimum
- Location: Nantes (France) or Boston
- English mandatory, French is highly appreciated
- Reports to: Customer Care Director
MicroEJ is a software vendor providing solutions for building embedded and IoT devices. After ten years and two fundraises, our flagship product MICROEJ VEE is seen as the tiny sibling software container of Android™ for edge devices. More than 200 million licenses are already sold to customers such as Fossil (smartwatches), Groupe SEB (home appliances), Zebra (printers), Landis+Gyr (smart-meters), Stago (medical devices), etc.
Based in Nantes (France) and Boston MA (USA), our team of 70 people is driven by innovation and is focused on solving IoT challenges.
Your mission and activities
As part of our R&D team, you will be in regular contact with our multinational clients and our prestigious international partners. You will actively participate with them on our regular software workshops to design and integrate Java bricks for the MicroEJ platform.
You will work on architectures, APIs and develop Java applications or middleware (graphical interfaces, IoT libraries, frameworks, etc.).
Within this product or customer projects, you will be responsible of:
- Specifying architectures and implementation with the R&D, marketing and sales teams
- Developing embedded Java libraries and applications
- Testing and documenting
- Setting up CI processes
- Define quality standards
- Solving problems requiring a high level of expertise
Find out what our engineers have already published: https://developer.microej.com/
- Expert in Java, OOP and software architecture
- Good knowledge of SOLID code, agile software development, TDD, continuous integration (Jenkins, Artifactory, Gitlab), Graphical User Interface, Network / IoT, architecture of real-time, multi-threaded, connected applications
- Experience in Swing / JavaFX / Network / IoT (MQTT, COAP, …) / Android / OSGi / algorithm optimization
- High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver
- Experience in C/C++ will be much appreciated
- Embedded electronic systems
- Graphical User Interface Framework
- Network and Security (HTTP, REST, SSL/TLS, DTLS, MQTT, COAP, AMQP…)
- Application Store
- Communication (Bluetooth, Wifi, 4G, Zwave, USB, …)
- Java virtual machine
- Eclipse Plugin