A secure solution
Security is at the heart of all MicroEJ solutions at all levels: device software, communications, store server, and third-party Cloud services.
- At the device level:
- Secure app execution through sandboxing and download from trusted server only
- Apps identification with signed certificates
- Hardware and firmware identification with unique IDs
- Secure data collection and storage through encryption
- At the communications level:
- Secure communications with SSL/TLS and HTTPS
- At store server level:
- Secure hardware, firmware and user authentication and pairing with unique IDs and through the OAuth protocol
- App binary verification for a target firmware
- At third-party cloud platform levels:
- Secure data transmission & exploitation through encryption and anonymization
MicroEJ allows the identification of all devices running the MicroEJ VEE and connected to the MicroEJ Store. This allows authenticating and securing the use of those devices, as well as putting in place business models differentiated for each devices, such as the exploitation of the data delivered by those devices and delivery of subscription-based services to users of those devices.
MicroEJ software solution identifies devices from any vendor based on their defined vendor ID, combined with a unique and unfalsifiable character string attached to the device hardware (in silicon).
Vendors already supported by MicroEJ are:
- STMicroelectronics STM32x and STM32J family
- Renesas Synergy family
- NXP i.MX family
- NXP Kinetis family
- Renesas RX family
- Renesas RZ family