Software Engineer (Java / Kotlin)
MicroEJ, the company that brings the “smart” into smart things
MicroEJ is a software vendor and provides cost-driven solutions for building embedded and IoT devices. After ten years and two fundraisings, our flagship product MICROEJ VEE is seen as the tiny sibling of Android™ like software container for all objects (excepted smartphones and tablets). More than 100 million licenses are already sold to customers such as Fossil (smartwatches), Groupe SEB (home appliances), Zebra Technologies (industry), Landis+Gyr (Energy), Stago (medical), etc.
Based in Nantes (France) and Boston (USA), our team of 60 people is driven by innovation and focused on the most complex IoT challenges.
We are opening new positions in our Customer Care and R&D teams to support our customers and develop new products.
Software technology is the core of our business, providing value to our customers. With MicroEJ, you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and benefit from a positive and stimulant environment to continuously learn new things.
Join us to develop the next generation of IoT products!
As part of our Customer Care and R&D teams, you are in contact with the top #5 companies in the following market segments: Smart home, home appliances, wearables, industry, energy, medical . You actively develop and integrate middleware into Powered by MicroEJ products, and are responsible for:
- Real time and multi-threaded software architectures
- Libraries and applications based on MicroEJ Virtual Execution Environment
- Supporting our customers to build smarter devices.
Managing projects or team of developers can also be part of your responsibilities.
Find out what our engineers have already published: https://developer.microej.com
You have a masters degree in software engineering and skills in Java programming.
Our new positions are open to all experience levels. You are passionate, curious, and ready to take on technical challenges. We appreciate field experience on:
- Java / Kotlin development
- Strong OOPs concepts
- Android Application/Framework development
- UI/UX HMI
- IoT protocols, cloud frameworks, and security
- Software architecture
- Optimization and debugging
- Managed code versus Native code : interfacing through Native Interfaces
- Exposure to multi-threaded programming
- MicroEJ offers you a dynamic and technological work environment to express your creativity and expertise.
- Integrate a motivated, dynamic, and multi skilled team that loves to share their knowledge and backgrounds.
- We provide support tools to facilitate your integration and your skill development by reconciling professional ambitions and personal development with access to trainings (English, agility, technical conferences…).
- A complete integration program, allowing you to understand the different areas of MicroEJ: R&D, Customer Care, Marketing, Sales, Legal
- Up to 50% remote
- Integrate a growing company on a human scale
- In collaboration with caring managers
Do you want a new challenge and boost your career? Join the MicroEJ community!
▷ For more information: www.microej.com