MicroEJ for Renesas
MicroEJ® is a scalable solution to prototype, develop, and test software applications for embedded systems designed with Renesas 32-bit processors. The MicroEJ embedded platform concept drastically lowers costs of building applications, using software technologies inherited from the Java technology: Object Oriented Programming and Virtualization. It enables developers to create portable and scalable applications, easy to maintain and reliable while keeping small memory footprints and low power consumption.
MicroEJ for Renesas RX and RZ MCU families
As a result of the strong collaboration between Renesas, the MicroEJ Software Development Kit (SDK) supports the RX family of products based on the Renesas RX proprietary core, as well as the Renesas RZ series powered by the ARM Cortex A9. The MicroEJ solution is ready to be evaluated with the YLCDRX63N board (480×272 LCD display, RX63N@100MHz) and the RZ/A1H board (ARM Cortex-A9 @400MHz – 800×400 WVGA display). MicroEJ includes everything required to start a HMI development on these boards and run a Java application in less than a few hours.
MicroEJ for Renesas Synergy™ MCU families
MicroEJ is designed as a Verified Software Add-on (VSA) for the Renesas Synergy platform and will be soon verified for Renesas Synergy Software Package (SSP) compatibility.
MicroEJ Key features
- Java platform for Renesas RZ associated with IAR Embedded Workbench and ThreadX RTOS from Express Logic,
- Java platform for Renesas RX microcontrollers associated with e2Studio (GCC) and µC/OS RTOS from Micrium,
- Easy interface with C, C++, ASM code to integrate any hardware configurations or middleware such as BSP/RTOS,
- MicroEJ Workbench for Eclipse™,
- Embedded and emulation runtimes for PC-based simulation, rapid prototyping, debugging and test coverage analysis,
- OOP: MicroEJ is based on the Java technology and supports abstraction, encapsulation, messages, functions, inheritance, polymorphism, etc.
- Small Java virtual machine: less than 30 KB Flash and less than 1.5 KB RAM, less than 2 ms startup time at 120 MHz,
- GUI development tools: Font Designer to create fonts, Story Board Designer for instant PC-simulation, Front Panel Designer to extend the Java platform simulator,
- Localization: Unicode-UTF8, all languages and special characters managed. External localization files also usable.
- MicroUI™ (Micro User Interface) and MWT (Micro Widget Toolkit) graphical libraries:
- Screen resolution: MicroEJ Embedded UI supports the full range of available displays
- Depth: from 1-bit to 32-bit
- Type: graphic or alpha-numeric
- Themes: Dynamic Look & Feel changes
- Images: Any format at application deployment stage, PNG at runtime, dynamic transformation
- Fonts: Bitmap, PNG, JPG, GIF, TTF, four-level (2-bits) anti-aliasing
- Input/Output management
- Buttons, rotary switches, keyboards,
- Single touch, multi touch screens (resistive, capacitive), calibration, debouncing, mouse-like-pointers, etc.
- Any sound mechanisms supported: buzzer, PWM, etc.
- Any kind of LEDs supported
- 1-year subscription with hardware dongle,