JAKARTA by EBV Elektronik
With JAKARTA by EBV Elektronik you will be soon able to evaluate various hardware technologies relevant to HMI, including the exciting MicroEJ Embedded UI solution, the first Java virtual machine for the Freescale Kinetis® L (ARM Cortex™-M0+).
Hardware & software for Freescale Kinetis L series
JAKARTA is a hardware & software application platform ready for new areas of HMI.
LIGHTWEIGHT AND LOW COST! With around 28kB of non-volatile memory, MicroEJ for Freescale Kinetis L uses only 11% of the KL46 flash memory for the huge advantage that Java can bring to your next project.
- MKL46Z256VLL4 MCU: Cortex™-M0+ 48 MHz, 256 KB Flash, 32 KB RAM
- USB OTG (On-The-Go)
- MAG3110: 3-D magnetometer
- MMA8451Q: 3-D accelerometer
- Capacitive slider
- Open SDA for various scenarios of debug / download mode
o Mass storage for drag & drop software upgrade
- Compatible with Freescale Freedom KL25 (128 KB Flash) and KL46 (256 KB Flash)
- OLED display 128×128 px 1.5” RGB and optional 2.4” TFT QVGA with resistive touch screen
- 3 Touch keys & resistive touch screen controller with basic gesture recognition (CRTouch – Freescale)
- Pressure, Altimeter & Temperature sensor (MPL3115A2 – Freescale)
- Ambiant light & IR proximity sensor (VNCL4010 – Vishay)
- Universal IR receiver (TSMP6000 – Vishay)
- IR emitter for remote control operation
- SPI 1 Gbit Dataflash (Micron) or optional FRAM (Fujitsu or Cypress)
- Haptic feedback driver with LRA actuator (FAH4830 – Fairchild)
- Power management:
o DC-DC nano module (LMZ10500/1 – TI)
o DC-DC boost for OLED polarization (FAN5331SX – Fairchild)
- Crypto authentication (ATECC108 – ATMEL) for brand or IP protection
- Altera CPLD for Freescale Freedom KL25 / KL46 optimal compatibility
- Expansion connector with access to various peripherals (I2C, SPI, UART, Timers …)
- Freescale FRDM-KL25 and Freescale FRDM-KL46 supported
- User-friendly Integrated Development Environment
- Eclipse based development tools for Java compilation and debugging
- OS independancy
- WYSIWYG simulation tools
- Prototyping capabilities
- Very smal memory footprint: 28kB of non-volatile memory
- Object Oriented Programming
- Input/Output management
- Ready-to-use Board Support Package (BSP) supported by MicroEJ Java platform
What benefits can Java Programming Language bring to your Embedded Systems?
- Increase software productivity: This high-level programming language enables automated complex tasks such as memory allocation, which allow you focus on solving application problems and not on software design issues.
- Reduced UI specification cycles: MicroEJ provides an instant simulation and PC prototyping platform to debug and test binary code. Embedded UI can be easily prototyped and validated with marketing and end-customers before hardware availability.
- Same user experience for all devices: MicroEJ hardware abstraction capabilities allow to design one Embedded UI and deploy it on several products from low to high-end 3rd Party devices such as smartphones. Without re-designing your Embedded UI, you can offer your customers the same user experience on your entire products portfolio.
- Flexible design process: Simulation allows short iterative tests with project stakeholders (marketing, ergonomics, R&D …) and brings versatile capabilities to your design process.
- Leverage semiconductor innovations: Java virtualisation interface and universal software capabilities allow you to choose the latest electronic innovations without impacting software. You can easily run your application on low-end architecture and deploy it on another mid-range architecture without changing your software application. Of course such portable capabilities also help to manage MCU obsolescence without extra software development costs.
» Related article: The five top reasons for using Java in embedded systems
» More information? Please visit www.ebv.com/jakarta or designsolutions.ebv.com/jakarta to get more information.